- The ‘Casa de Bristol’ (Bristol House) volunteers’ cabin and medical centre were completed before the end of the year and equipped ready for use.
- Our first four students completed their vocational training – in car mechanics, computer programming and nursing.
- We purchased a herd of pigs and appropriate housing. The kids will be taught to care for the pigs so that they can be sold to raise funds. Once more this project should be self-financing.
- Year 7 and 8 children from Howell’s School, Llandaff collected enormous quantities of gifts and useful school materials for the street kids. They also wrote beautiful illustrated letters to each street child – in perfect Spanish!
- Around 80 ex-street children completed an English language course.
This year, huge thanks go to: the English Speaking Union (Bristol and South Wales branches); All Saint’s Church, Clifton; Cadbury (UK); the LATA Foundation; Aldercar Community Language College, Nottinghamshire; 74th Kingswood Cub Scouts; Howell’s School, Llandaff; QEH School; Journey Latin America; the Jones’ family; Saltford Walker’s group; Emma Byrne; St. Peter’s Ladies Guild, Henleaze; Ben, Michaela and Jenna (from the North Bristol Post-16 Centre at Cotham School); Juliet, Sophie and Oliver and many other generous individuals.