As always, in 2022 our focus remains on helping Bolivian street children to help themselves. This year, we will:
- Keep supporting the Alalay Foundation as the staff and children continue to protect themselves and begin to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Finance our eldest children through their vocational training courses
- Pay the salary of a house mother, so she can continue her vital work bringing up and educating our children
- Later in the year, we hope to fund the production of fresh Christmas panettone (to sell and generate further income) which has been a great success in recent years
Read more in detail about our planned/completed recent projects in our newsletters, found HERE.
Plus continue to:
- Raise awareness of the plight of the street children in the UK and elsewhere
- Work together with Alalay staff in Bolivia to identify future needs and establish more production projects, with the eventual aim of making Alalay largely financially self-sufficient
When I am in the UK I speak regularly at primary and secondary schools, churches and other groups of all ages about the plight of the street kids. Please do get in touch if you’d like me to talk at any event or find out about upcoming fundraising events here.